Internationally, the Haba Waba Festival is the most visible and important water polo event for children ages 6 - 13.
The first-ever North American Haba Waba Festival took place in Montreal over July 9-12, 2015, followed by the second edition on July 6-10, 2016.
This next event will take place from June 28 – July 1, 2018 in Montreal, Canada.
WHY HABA WABA?
We believe that it is the most important competitive water event dedicated to 6 to 13 year-old children in the world. It involves athletes, coaches, managers, fans and families. The event is aimed at the promotion of the sport of water polo and has spread all over the five continents, in connection with clubs and federations and recognized and sanctioned by FINA, LEN and other continental organizations and Olympic Committees. The Haba Waba International Festival it is considered by many people the “Little water polo players’ big Olympics”.
- The yellow ball in the blue water attracts both children who are not quite water safe and those who have mastered swimming. This makes for an inclusive pool sport.
- Haba Waba’s unique goal is to create water polo training for the youngest players where the only need is for small spaces and inexpensive equipment. However, Haba Waba takes this to the next level by offering international competitions and competitive events along with lots of fun and entertainment both in and out of the pool. This creates a festive atmosphere complete with prizes and trophies and the opportunity for young athletes to meet and spend time with their water polo idols and role models.
- Haba Waba is the only opportunity for 6 to 13 year-old children to participate in a competitive water sport focusing on play and fun.
- By involving families we create spectators, fans and potential leaders.
- The enthusiasm and interest arising from a joyful global event promotes and plants the seeds of water polo more than any other effort.